This is work making costumes for a university performing arts department.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Designs costumes.
- Constructs special costumes.
- Performs cutting, patterning, fitting, and altering of costumes.
- Organizes and maintains costume storage.
- Purchases equipment, supplies, and materials necessary for costumes.
- Provides informal instruction to students in costume construction and design.
- Oversees students in costume area.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma and four years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.