Data Center Supervisor
This position is responsible for the management of data center operations.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for the supervision of day-to-day operations.
- Monitors the status and operations of infrastructure within UF data centers and Communication Infrastructure Buildings.
- Authorizes and directs changes to operational parameters.
- Acts and second level customer service contact for data center issues.
- Assists with the management of change management issues.
- Oversees and monitors daily work and performance of data center staff.
- Responsible for data center documentation and reporting.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of change-control procedures.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree and five years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.