Dental Hygienist III
Coordinate services and activities of an ambulatory care dental hygiene clinic.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Coordinates the day-to-day activities and services of assigned lab and clinical areas including support scheduling, clinic set up, and management of lab and clinic equipment and supplies.
- Provides assistance to instructors and/or students in the clinical setting; trains faculty, staff and students on the use of clinic, lab and sterilization equipment.
- Ensures that the materials lab, support areas and clinic are clean, safe, and organized; promotes safe clinical practices.
- Coordinates the ordering and re-supply of lab and clinic expendables, clinic prescription products and medical glasses.
- Repairs or coordinates the repair, servicing and replacement of lab and clinic equipment as required.
- Maintains and coordinates an accurate inventory of departmental technology, clinic and lab equipment, and chemicals.
- Assures regulatory compliance to meet local, state and nationals requirements; provides and tracks required compliance training to students, faculty and staff.
- Serves as the key administrator of the patient management database to include coordination of software upgrades, serving as the liaison with the software vendor, and providing associated training to students, faculty and staff.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new lab materials, clinic equipment and instructional technologies.
- Acts as the liaison between lab personnel, clinical faculty, and clinic administrators.
- Institute, and the Department of Environmental Health & Safety.
- Responds to inquiries inside and outside the University regarding the UF Community Dentistry Clinic.
- Supervises students and/or coordinates the work of other clinic personnel.
Education and Experience
Licensed as a dental hygienist in accordance with Chapter 466, Florida Statutes and three years clinical work experience as a licensed dental hygienist.
Licensure and Certification
Licensed as a dental hygienist in accordance with Chapter 466, Florida Statutes.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.