Deputy Administrator, Self Insurance Program (SIP)
This position manages the financial operations and accounting functions for the UF Self-Insurance Program.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Directs the professional accounting operations of the UF Self-Insurance Program (UFSIP), HEIC, and other state self-insurance programs contracting with UFSIP.
- Manages fiscal and accounting staff and manages the work flow.
- Develops policies and procedures in conformance with industry standards.
- Oversees reconciliations of complex fund sources, accounts, and investments.
- Compiles financial statements and maintains financial records.
- Acts as a liaison with internal and external bodies concerning financial issues.
- Manages contribution and premium receivable functions, including compiling and analyzing underwriting and actuarial data.
- Ensures compliance with applicable reporting, accounting, and audit standards.
- Serves as liaison with internal and external auditors, State of Florida, State of Vermont, and external CPA firms.
- Compiles data related to reserves, losses, expenses and revenues and conducts analyses.
- Is responsible for production of financial reports.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience; or a bachelor’s degree and six years of related work experience.
Licensure and Certification
May require Certified Public Accountant certification.
This position does include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.