Efficiently manage graphics and design teams. Manage design and composition workflow to meet schedules and specify production materials to meet budgets. After an editor proofs for editorial and stylistic accuracy, input corrections and changes to the electronic files. Research production technologies and procedures and make recommendations that will increase the effectiveness of the department.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Develop and implement successful design strategies, outlining how the design team will create deliverables and implement them.
- Design and typeset books, implementing good book design parameters, layout pages, import and crop photos, typeset tables and graphs, and create aesthetically pleasing book pages.
- Research production technologies and procedures and make recommendations that will increase the effectiveness of the department.
- Establishes the overall artistic guidelines and quality control standards for the design of publications. Works closely with the Editorial, Design, and Production Managers in policy making, budgeting, and long-term planning.
- This position is responsible for hiring and training internal design staff, for identifying and contracting with freelance resources, and for assigning work on projects.
- Manage design and composition workflow to meet schedules and specify production materials to meet budgets.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience in graphic design.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.