Serves as an extension to the Director of Development for all donor development issues, including processing of all incoming gifts, identifying new prospects, travel appointments and contacting prospect for appointments. Usually responsible for monitoring and maintaining program budgets and assists with various projects as assigned.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Management of calendars, schedule meetings and work with office administrative assistant to coordinate donor meetings and travel schedules.
- Prepare materials/arrangements for all meetings and ensure deliverables are complete prior to and following.
- Maintain current records for all donor and alumni relations program activities; create and/or updates data.
- Contact prospects or donors by phone to make appointments for development relating to fundraising or alumni relations.
- Communicate with donors, prospects, friends, or alumni by various forms (telephone, email, regular mail, letters, etc.) at direction of development officer.
- Coordinate with college or foundation event planners for college activities relating to development or alumni.
- Coordination of gift/income processing, ensuring all monetary handling protocols are followed and reconciling all deposits.
- Provide support for special events and projects as needed.
- Monitor program budgets and confidential records.
- Prepare and submits reimbursement requests on behalf of development officer.
- Reconcile and process all expenditures of the development office including purchase orders, Pcard purchases, and invoices.
- Maintain an accurate log for all contributions received, including checks, credit cards, stocks and gifts in kind.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.