This position maintains a portfolio of annual gift donors.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for such activities as coordinating non-academic events for the university; planning, organizing, and directing activities for the university which may include such areas as fundraising and public/social function activities; coordinating contact with and involvement of university alumni, as appropriate.
- May provide counsel, advice, and technical assistance to colleges and other operational units of the university in the raising of private funds for their projects or programs.
- Coordinates the activities of university units to minimize the time and effort required to raise funds, organize public/social functions, or communicate with alumni so as to prevent undue overlap of activities.
- In the area of fundraising, coordinates the activities of university units so they do not usurp or negate the central fund raising efforts for an approved, overall university program or project having higher priority than the unit’s programs or projects.
- In the area of alumni affairs, may promote and develop various methods of obtaining alumni support for fundraising projects.
Performs related duties as required or deemed appropriate to the accomplishment of the responsibilities and functions of his/her area(s).
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.