This is work supervising Dietitians and/or Senior Dietitians.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Supervise and instruct dietitians and others in dietetic food preparation; organize and schedule work.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of a nutrition education plan.
- Develops and utilizes data base systems and trains other staff in their use to evaluate nutrition care and food control processes.
- Develops education objectives and implementing programs of study for dietetic and post-masters students.
- Identifies project goals and objectives with faculty.
- Provides technical guidance on policies, programs, procedures, and application of current nutrition research findings.
- Maintains relationships with groups concerned with nutrition services.
- May direct the work of contract food service personnel.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree with major in Dietetics, Foods and Nutrition or Food Service Administration; completion of American Dietetic Association approved dietetic education program, and two years of experience as a Registered Dietitian.
Licensure and Certification
Licensed as a Dietitian in accordance with Chapter 468, Florida Statutes
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.