Director, Development Information Systems
This position will support, upgrade and maintain the donor database and Advancement Performance system. Responsible for providing data to third party vendors to support UF Advancement services and projects, developing special reporting to support new initiatives and campaigns, and integrating business processes for gifts, biographical, alumni membership, and prospect tracking to meet strategic goals and support the daily operations for processing gifts and pledges.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Design, implement, and support development information data systems to promote Advancement strategic programs, functions and projects, including modifications, data integration with contracted third party vendors.
- Modify, upgrade and maintain all data applications for donor information.
- Monitor the integrity of the information contained in the database and determine how to translate data into usable, actionable information for the formation and execution of fundraising strategies and measures of success.
- Provide subject matter technical expertise for application functionality.
- Oversee, design and modify new business processes and reports, identify potential resource requirements, document all processes and reports, and schedule automated and manual processes.
- Ensure coordination of system output and reports to enhance fundraising efforts.
- Provide strategic insight and cross-program analyses and make recommendations to optimize resources to support the organization.
- Establish the direction, goals, implementation strategy and policies of the department or unit within an administrative area.
- Direct the efforts of and supervise departmental staff, set performance standards and accountability.
- Formulate and administer the annual operating budget.
- Coordinate detailed technical project work, including data acquisition and integration from other systems on campus, internal quality assurance, and the maintenance of both end-user and technical documentation and training.
- Advise senior administrators in implementing programs, new initiatives, and special projects.
- Responsible for ensuring the all programs, activities, and series comply with university, state, and federal regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining an inclusive working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area and six years of appropriate experience or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate areas of specialization and eight years of experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.