Under direct supervision, prepares and/or maintains systems, programming, and operations documentation, including user manuals. Maintains a current internal documentation library.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of documentation.
- Translates technical and/or complicated information into clear, concise documents appropriate for various target audiences.
- Works with development, quality assurance and technical support to produce a wide variety of technical publications including instructional materials, technical manuals, product documentations and the like for use by both the IT units and the campus community.
- Reviews, critiques, and edits documentation including design documents, programmer notes and system overviews.
- Depending on the system or service, documents may include various media including written and video.
- Responsibilities include maintenance of internal documentation library, providing and/or coordinating special documentation services as required, and oversight of special projects.
- Works in a team setting, assists with incoming calls, emails and walk ins.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and one year of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.