DRC Research Regulatory Specialist (core)
UF Research Core Classification*
Provide specialized administrative support for a sponsored program compliance board activities including new protocols, annual renewals, revisions and if applicable facility inspection reports. Understand and apply applicable federal, state, industry, and society rules and regulations under which the compliance board functions. Responsible for communicating these rules and regulations to faculty, staff, students, and faculty administrators. Solve problems, prioritize and handle multiple deadlines. Responsible for managing meetings, travel, presentations, calendars, and general administrative support.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assist faculty in preparing protocols for compliance board review.
- Receive and perform initial review of all projects submitted, evaluate protocols and provide feedback to committee members and faculty.
- Understand and apply applicable federal, state and institutional guidelines related to the protection of human or animal subjects.
- Evaluate research proposal content relative to the appropriate format, adequate completion and correct language in order to be distributed to the Committee or the Chair for review.
- Act as liaison between reviewers and principal investigators, providing technical assistance to principal investigators for revision of protocols and related actions; generate correspondence regarding research protocols.
- Assist in the development of materials to inform faculty, students and staff of their compliance responsibilities in research.
- Maintain board databases, prepare agendas for the board meetings, and distribute agendas to board members.
- Serve as liaison with faculty, staff, students, other administrative and research staffs within the University, as well as with the specialists in the Office of Research, Technology and Graduate Education where the final external grants are prepared and research awards received.
- Schedule and manage board meetings and provide all relevant supporting documentation.
- Complete monthly activity reports and annual reports to University officials.
- Maintain board database, generate approval letters when appropriate, prepare and distribute meeting minutes.
- Manage board protocol activity, provide verification of approval of human or animal subjects to the appropriate University officials and non-University officials.
- Monitor action dates of active protocols and initiates appropriate actions; communicate action dates to Investigators and generate action notifications.
- Interact with faculty, staff, students and their supervisors, department chairs, deans and directors to resolve or refer any problems related to the submission.
Education and Experience
High school diploma and four years of relevant experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training my substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
*Reserved Classification – Use of this classification outside of UF Division of Research Compliance (DRC) or UF College of Medicine Research Administration & Compliance (RAC) requires prior approval by Classification and Compensation
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.