Electron Microscope Manager
This is work managing the operation of an electron microscope facility.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Develops and implements operational policies and procedures.
- Instructs in the operation of an electron microscope facility.
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring of operating budget.
- Maintains inventories of supplies and equipment.
- Schedules use of equipment.
- Coordinates completion of electron microscope projects for outside agencies and bills for services.
- Performs minor maintenance on equipment.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma and six years appropriate experience; or licensed as a Histology Technologist and two years of appropriate experience; or certification by the Electron Microscopy Society of America and two years of appropriate post certification experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical experience may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
May supervise technicians, OPS and students
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.