Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator I
Manage one or more environmental health and safety programs and formulating and recommending policies and procedures to effectively administer such programs.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for managing one or more environmental health and safety programs and for formulating and recommending policies and procedures to effectively administer such programs.
- Responsible for interpreting environmental health and safety administrative regulations and policies and for recommending new and improved programs to effectively manage environmental health and safety administration.
- Assists university administrators and inter institutional groups in resolving specific environmental health and safety problems and in disseminating information in regard to university regulations, policies, and contracts.
- Designs, develops, and conducts special studies in the assigned area of environmental health and safety. Collects and analyzes data as appropriate.
- Coordinates the review of proposed research projects.
- May serve as liaison with appropriate State and Federal regulating agencies..
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and three years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.