EPIC Business System Builder
Responsible for working with assigned clinical departments to develop methods for conducting quality projects and monitoring tools, creating documentation tools in EPIC Chart, and producing reports and other software for quality reviews. Responsible for training new faculty, residents and staff on EPIC modules relative to their respective roles and provide support for continuing education and assistance. Provide education and information related to EPIC upgrades, improved tools and need assessment.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for implementing, supporting and training the new ambulatory electronic medical record applications including EpicCare Ambulatory, EpicCare InPatient, MyChart, clinical interfaces and other third-party software.
- Establishes and maintains change control procedures, assists with user training and sets standards and conventions; develops EPIC reporting structure for the assigned clinical department which may include standard reports, workbench reports and ad hoc reports.
- Performs and/or arranges quality management sessions for faculty and residents based on findings of quality audit; implements education programs for quality; individualized education sessions with faculty, residents and staff regarding quality projects to ensure design methods are followed; provides general education sessions for all newly hired faculty and staff as specified by applicable quality programs.
- Analyzes and documents clinic workflows, performs interface conversion analysis, builds and maintains the EMR application, coordinates software updates, supports new software releases, tests application software and interfaces, develops and maintains documentation, establishes and maintains change control procedures.
- Establishes guidelines for implementing quality program; develops tools to help faculty and staff adhere to best practices in patient care and documentation.
- Identifies and implements programs to allow department to report meaningful use of electronic medical records.
- Develops and ensures the use of best practice guidelines for documentation based on carrier guidelines and conducts routine audits to ensure the guidelines are being adhered to and that the documentation supports charges reported to insurance companies.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience. Epic Business System Certification may substitute for degree.
Licensure and Certification
Epic Business System Certification must be obtained within 6 months from date of hire.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.