Epidemiology Analyst I
Under supervision and direction, collect, prepare, and/or analyze epidemiology research and/or other complex epidemiology data. The Epidemiology Analyst I is key for driving innovating health sciences research. Provides study design support and analysis for projects throughout the institution and will work with a variety of departments to further the development of research projects.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Provides epidemiology subject matter expertise in quantitative and qualitative study design methods
- May collect, clean, store, and integrate epidemiology data
- Maintains appropriate records of research methods and results.
- May build study design and data collection tools or surveys to support epidemiology research data collection
- Utilizes specified statistical software to analyze and interpret epidemiology research data, as appropriate to the individual position
- Supports manuscript and grant writing efforts for faculty related to statistical plan and results
- Supports the creation of presentations, publications, and other epidemiology communications
- Independently manages projects and workloads
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience
Licensure and Certification
Will not be responsible for the supervision of others.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.