Extension Program Assistant
Positions perform work assisting county residents with the effective utilization of extension services.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Locates and recruits volunteer leaders for extension programs in a specific area.
- Makes visits into neighborhoods and homes to introduce programs to adults, parents, and children.
- Obtains information about living conditions and family resource management practices from families.
- Locates meeting places for groups by visiting homes, churches, community agencies, and other organizations.
- Demonstrates various farming techniques to small farmers.
- Maintains files on volunteers, families contacted, program materials, and related information.
- Assists with and/or conducts group activities and workshops, and prepares charts, visual aids, and other teaching materials.
- Assists County Extension Agent by assuming responsibilities as assigned by the agent.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.