Extension Program Manager
This is work managing a group of paraprofessional extension educators. Management responsibilities include providing training and developing curriculum.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Plans and develops content, curriculum, techniques and competencies for relevant trainings.
- Is responsible for developing environmental approaches and policies and procedures.
- Conducts teaching evaluations by observing extension program assistants delivering educational sessions.
- Completes written assessments of extension program assistants, identifying areas for improvement and creating action plans to access the progress.
- Identifies appropriate training sites and audiences. Attends advisory meetings and fosters relationships with community partners.
- Identifies needed initiatives and creates and implements them.
- Is responsible for annual budget and education plan.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.