Extension Program Specialist
This is professional-level work implementing an Extension program under the leadership of a county Extension Agent or State Extension Specialist. A program specialist is responsible for an Extension program for a specific county or unit.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Researches and reviews relevant articles and issues relating to program area
- Plans and develops content, curriculum, techniques, and competencies for relevant programming.
- Identifies needed initiatives and creates and implements them.
- Responsible for developing environmental approaches.
- Responsible for developing policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of training and educational programs related to program area.
- Identifies appropriate training sites and audiences.
- Attends advisory meetings and fosters relationships with community partners.
- Identifies opportunities for collaboration.
- Teaches the community program curriculum.
- Designs and implements evaluation of program or project.
- Compiles and writes reports.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area; or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not supervise others.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.