Family Support Worker
This position is responsible for assisting families in improving family functioning and raising healthy children, by advocating and supporting these families with personal and parenting needs.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Establishes relationships with clients and families by maintaining regular home visits.
- Provides in home education, utilizing established program curriculum.
- Establishes a family support plan with goals, objectives, and activities.
- Documents observations, interactions, and teaching completed at each home visit.
- Schedules and coordinates referrals of high-risk families to other agencies to provide needed services to each family.
- Administers Home Safety Checklists with all families
Education and Experience
A high school diploma and one year of experience working with children or families.
Licensure and Certification
No License Required
This position does not supervise.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.