This is work providing front-line supervision of farm personnel in crop and animal care.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Oversees the cultivation, planting, harvesting and disposition of crops.
- Coordinates the care, feeding and breeding of farm animals.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of records and reports regarding farm conditions, machinery, and other operational issues.
- Monitors the maintenance program for farm facilities, machinery, and equipment.
- Maintains proper safety and sanitary conditions in farm operations.
- Consults with research staff in planning soil and crop strategies and number of resident animals.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma or equivalent and three to five years of experience working on an agricultural operation, including supervision of others. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required number of years of experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.