Fire Safety Supervisor
Supervises Fire Equipment Technicians inspecting and maintaining fire extinguishers and related systems.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Supervises Fire Equipment Technicians in the inspection and maintenance of fire extinguishers and related systems.
- Oversees fire equipment supply and equipment inventory.
- Performs maintenance on all types of fire extinguishers and pre-engineered suppression systems.
- Instructs and trains Fire Equipment Technicians in the inspection and maintenance of portable fire extinguishers, fire hoses, and pre-engineered fire suppression systems in accordance with Florida Fire Prevention Code.
- Reviews activity and other reports.
Education and Experience
High school diploma and three (3) years of appropriate experience. Appropriate vocational/ technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
Must obtain permits in accordance with the requirements of Chapter 633, Florida Statutes for fire extinguishers and pre-engineered fire suppression systems. Must obtain licensure as a Fire Equipment Dealer for fire extinguishers and pre-engineered fire suppression systems in accordance with the requirements of Chapter 633, Florida Statutes within 6 months of hire.
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.