Flow Cytometry Operator I
Operation and maintenance of high speed cell sorters and cell analyzers in an institutional core facility, including quality control, end-user training, and consulting on experimental design and interpretation.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Perform daily calibration, operation, maintenance and basic repair of high-speed cell sorters, analyzers, and other facility equipment including a blood cell differential analyzer and a laser microdissection microscope.
- Carry out and/or assist with data analysis using various software packages, including DiVa, FlowJo, and others.
- Provide training and assistance to facility users in experimental design, instrument operation, and software analysis.
- Identify and diagnose problems, perform trouble-shooting and limited instrument repair, and interface with external technical support or repair personnel.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in appropriate specialization. Knowledge of flow cytometry principles and basic flow cytometry experience is preferred.
Licensure and Certification
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.