Grants Accountant III
Primarily responsible for administering assigned awards. Primary functions of award administration include award set up, management, and closeout for contracts and grants in assigned portfolio. Has an active role onboarding new team members, develops and delivers training. Acts as a mentor to less experienced Grant Accountants. Oversees electronic invoicing, cost sharing and all activities involving revenue.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Has an active role in onboarding new team members as well as mentoring less experienced team members.
- Reviews award documents for post award requirements and determination of type of award. Interprets requirements based on sponsor terms and conditions, University policies and procedures, and federal and state rules and regulations.
- Collaborates with Contracts and Grants Accounting Services executive staff of to develop and implement policies and procedures
- Works with Contracts and Grants Accounting Services executive staff in formulating and implementing programs for administering both federal and non-federal grants and contracts, and the evaluation and enhancement of the assigned areas of responsibility
- Plans, formulates, implements and administers accounting techniques that enhance and improve the effectiveness of Contracts and Grants Accounting Services.
- Daily post award activities
- Administers the close out of awards
- Develops instructions, policies and procedures for daily imaging of documents
- Actively participates in meetings with internal and external constituents
- Conducts training sessions for University faculty and staff.
- Attends trainings and conferences and makes presentations.
- Completes special projects and reports as assigned by executive staff of Contracts and Grants Accounting Services.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in contract and grant accounting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.