Grants Accounting Manager
UF C&G Classification*
Responsible for managing one or more teams of Grants Accountants in managing contract and grants award set up, post award monitoring, compliance, reporting, invoicing and closeout. Works with the Associate Director for Contracts & Grants Accounting and Assistant Vice President for Contracts & Grants to plan, staff, direct and control all activities related to Contracts and Grants.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Coordinates teams of Grants Accountants in managing all aspects of contracts and grants accounting responsibilities.
- Works closely with departmental fiscal administrators, PI’s and senior leadership within Contracts & Grants to resolve issues for the unit’s portfolio as appropriate. Works closely with unit team members to ensure accuracy and timeliness of award set up, reporting, invoicing and closeout.
- Reviews accounts receivable aging report and actively pursues collection for all items in their assigned portfolio.
- Assists Grants Accountants and serves as a resource for interpreting requirements based on sponsor terms and conditions, University policies and procedures, and federal and state rules and regulations.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures
- Develops and implements programs for administering both federal and non-federal grants and contracts, and the evaluation and enhancement of the assigned areas of responsibility
- Plans, formulates, implements and administers accounting techniques that enhance and improve the effectiveness of Contracts and Grants Accounting Services.
- Initiates meetings with internal and external constituents
- Anticipates training needs of University faculty and staff and implements training initiatives.
- Completes special projects and reports as assigned by executive staff of Contracts and Grants Accounting Services.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and four years of experience in contract and grant accounting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
*Reserved Classification – Use of this classification outside of UF Contracts & Grants Accounting Services (C&G) requires prior approval by Classification and Compensation
This position does include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.