Harn Museum Installation Assistant
Under general supervision, perform a wide variety of skilled duties in preparation, installation and care of art museum exhibits and works of art.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assist in fabrication shipping crates and storage systems; packs works of art for transportation or storage.
- Assist with installing/deinstalling exhibitions, including the maintenance of outdoor sculptures, and arranging lighting in the galleries.
- Prepares gallery spaces and displays in advance of exhibition installations.
- Constructs pedestals, display cases, panels, and other exhibition display essentials.
- Participates in the movement of works of art in the museum’s care, whether internally or externally.
- May assist with others as a courier accompanying valuable objects of art in transit as required; may assist in installation of objects.
Education and Experience
High school diploma and one (1) year of experience using hand and power tools.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.