Health Information Supervisor
Supervises Health Information Management Specialists and other health information management staff.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Supervises and participates in complex technical activities associated with the maintenance and use of patient medical information.
- Plans and schedules work for the assigned unit ensuring proper distribution of assignments and adequate manning, space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties.
- Performs evaluation of medical information activities.
- Assist in the formulation and revision of medical information processes to maintain established standards.
- Assist in the development of new medical information processes.
- Provide technical assistance, instruction and consultation to students and employees.
- Recommend various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers, and vacation schedules.
- Performs Health Information Management Specialist tasks as needed.
Education and Experience
Certification as Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) and appropriate experience to total four years; or a high school diploma and four years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) preferred.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.