Health Support Technician II
Performs specialized health support functions.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Serves at the operating tableside and anticipates surgical needs, including instruments, suction, sponges, and sutures.
- Arranges instruments, equipment, and sterile supplies in a specific order.
- Transports contaminated equipment to the decontamination area.
- Tests intra ocular pressure and vision of patients.
- Performs audiometric tests and makes referrals to an audiologist or physician.
Education and Experience
High school diploma and two years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
Some positions may require certification, such as Certified Nursing Assistant.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.