HTS Robotics Engineer I
Responsible for a fully automated, high-throughput compound management platform and/or an HTS platform that runs various different biochemical and cell-based assay protocols.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive, nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Operate robotic platform(s) & support laboratory automation to reformat compounds and/or execute HTS assays in 96-, 384- and/or 1536-well format plates.
- Work with scientific, information technology and engineering support personnel to successfully develop & execute HTS and/or compound management protocols on state-of-the-art fully-automated platforms.
- Liaise with local scientists to provide interface between them and robotic automation and instrumentation found in the lab.
- Operate vendor or custom software to either run automated equipment or process large amounts of HTS-related and/or chemical inventory related information.
- Troubleshoot service and maintain the various types of ancillary robotic automation and instrumentation found in the lab. This includes liquid handlers (Echo, Bravo, Tecan), plate readers (ViewLux, Envision, Pherastar), plate washers/dispensers, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs work with direct supervision. Handles basic issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff. Possesses beginning to working knowledge of subject matter.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in engineering and or an appropriate area of specialization.
Licensure and Certification
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.