Human Services Program Manager
This position is a key contributor in the Healthy Families program. This position supervises and participates in the development of contracts between service partners. Participates in the development and growth of the Healthy Families program.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for supervising family support workers, family assessment workers, family support supervisors and other administrative staff.
- Assists in the development of the annual program budget.
- Responsible for the development of public relations material to provide at community forums.
- Advocate for families and children at community events and fund raising activities.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of training programs for all staff positions within the Healthy Families program.
- Monitors contract compliance and program goals and objectives and ensures that schedules are met, guidelines are adhered to, and work is performed adequately.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and five years of experience in program management. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
No license required
This position supervises others
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.