IT Risk Analyst IV
UF Information Technology Classification*
This is a senior professional level role that under high level direction, contributes to the protection of university data and systems. The individual’s level of proficiency is advanced, and they demonstrate in-depth understanding of IT systems, computer networking, and cybersecurity detection and response practices.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
• Ensures that the information security environment is well coordinated throughout UF.
• Follows established procedures to assist units with conducting risk assessments.
• May be involved with establishing and updating control baselines and risk assessment procedures.
• Subject matter expert for consulting on security systems, tools, and procedures to meet defined security requirements and goals.
• Evaluates and provides recommendation regarding legal, regulatory, and contractual information security compliance requirements.
• May contribute to the information security training and awareness program by providing content and other collateral aimed at creating a risk aware culture.
• Designs and creates procedures to implement information security measures as part of university procurement processes.
• Designs internal systems, software, and documentation to support operation of the information security office.
• Collects and contributes to operational and management metrics required to support the university’s security objectives.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and eight years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
*Reserved Classification – Use of this classification outside of UFIT requires prior approval by Classification and Compensation
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.