Information Security Analyst I
UF Information Technology Classification*
This entry level technical role is responsible for assisting UF units in evaluating their IT environment and recommending security measures and practices that meet UF’s policies and standards and safeguard their information assets. This position works on tasks of low complexity with immediate supervision required.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Works with UF business units to achieve security objectives and address identified risks
- Assists with translating security requirements into functional specifications and managing changes
- Assists with the analysis and development security plans for all systems
- Involved in the full security systems life cycle; designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting software, quality assurance, testing, deployment
- Assists in the development and validation of baseline security configurations for operating systems, applications, networking, and telecommunications equipment.
- Assists in the development of technical documentation (designs, specifications, processes, workflows) and communications
- Carries out procedures to ensure that all systems, products and services meet organization security standards
- Assist units with information security risk assessments.
- Work with UF units to identify, select and implement technical controls.
- Assists with information security training and awareness programs.
- Ensures that the UF information security environment supports UF privacy policies.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and one year of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
*Reserved Classification – Use of this classification outside of UFIT requires prior approval by Classification and Compensation
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.