IT Risk Analyst I
UF Information Technology Classification*
This is a professional level role that under direct supervision, contributes to the protection of university data and systems. The individual’s level of proficiency is being developed and they demonstrate minimal use and understanding of IT systems, computer networking, and cybersecurity detection and response practices.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Follows established procedures to assist units with conducting risk assessments.
- May be involved with establishing and updating control baselines and risk assessment procedures.
- Understands information security requirements associated with legal, regulatory, and contractual information.
- May contribute to the information security training and awareness program by providing content and other collateral aimed at creating a risk aware culture.
- Follows procedures to implement information security measures as part of university procurement processes.
- Collects and contributes to operational and management metrics required to support the university’s security objectives.
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree; or a high school diploma or equivalent and two years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
*Reserved Classification – Use of this classification outside of UFIT requires prior approval by Classification and Compensation
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.