Information Security Engineer II
UF Information Technology Classification*
This is a professional level role that under general supervision, contributes to the protection of university data and systems. The individual’s level of proficiency is basic, and they demonstrate limited use and understanding of IT systems, computer networking, and cybersecurity detection and response practices.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- May be involved with identifying, monitoring, and protecting university data in use, in motion, or at rest through deep content inspection, contextual analysis of transactions, and within a centralized management framework.
- May be involved in detecting and preventing unauthorized use or transmission of university confidential information.
- May contribute to the information security training and awareness program through the use of techniques like simulated phishing.
- Assists with identifying and assessing security vulnerabilities in the university’s computing infrastructure and taking appropriate action based on the technical implications of vulnerabilities found and the business implications of exploitation.
- Assists with identifying and assessing current and emerging threats to the university’s computing infrastructure and initiates the appropriate response to identified threats.
- Collects and contributes to operational and management metrics required to support the university’s security objectives.
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree and two years of relevant experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
*Reserved Classification – Use of this classification outside of UFIT requires prior approval by Classification and Compensation
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.