IT Infrastructure Technician
This position is responsible for infrastructure support.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Responsible for the planning and installation of data center equipment.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintenance of the electrical stability of the data center including power, HVAC, raised-floor, and fire protection systems.
- Responsible for the documentation of utility equipment planning.
- Performs equipment and documentation audits to ensure compliance.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of change-control procedures.
Education and Experience
An associate’s degree and two years of appropriate experience or a high school diploma and four years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
CCNA Certification or equivalent must be obtained within the first 12 months of employment.
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.