Lab Administration Coordinator II
This position will perform administrative support activities for multiple leaders, Principal Investigators, and laboratory employees. This may include grant and award management, calendars, booking travel, and meeting and event coordination.
Examples of Work
- Participates in grant planning, including research, preparation, and submission.
- Manage post-award activities, including grant-related fiscal transactions, verifying expenditures are allowable and allocated to sponsored awards, and collecting and tracking annual grant reporting.
- Provides laboratory support and maintains lab opening and closing procedures.
- Prepares and reviews the submission and approval of human resources transactions, including recruitment, hires, position updates and reclassifications, Special Pay Increases, terminations, retirement, leave cash outs, additional pay, etc.
- Provides guidance and recommendations for the time and labor processes of the unit as needed.
- Works with department supervisors and UF Leave Administration on complex leave issues.
- Reviews and prepares the allocation and verifies the accuracy of commitment accounting for faculty, staff, post-docs, fellows, graduate students, student assistants, and OPS.
- May coordinate the employee performance appraisal by sending reminders and providing other administrative support.
- Processes and provides oversight for travel authorization and expense reports.
- Provides administrative support such as maintaining calendars and event planning.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and three years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not include supervisory duties
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.