Law Enforcement Lieutenant
This is work assisting in the management* of operations for a designated component of a University Police Department.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assists in developing law enforcement policies and procedures.
- Advises law enforcement personnel as to new laws, regulations, procedures and assignments.
- Reviews police activities through personal conferences and/or incident reports.
- Assists in budget preparation for assigned area(s).
- Serves as law enforcement liaison with outside law enforcement and other regulatory agencies.
- Prepares administrative reports.
- Conducts background and other internal personnel investigations.
- Pursues, apprehends, and arrests law violators or suspected law violators.
Education and Experience
Bachelors and have four years of sworn law enforcement or sworn investigative experience. Must meet the requirements of Chapter 943, Florida Statutes*.
Licensure and Certification
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.