Law Enforcement Officer
This is work performing university sworn law enforcement duties.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Patrols assigned area(s) to insure the personal safety of the university populace and to provide protection and security to facilities.
- Directs traffic.
- Investigates accidents, complaints, disturbances, and law violations by interviewing complainants, suspects, and witnesses; secures incident area; and collects and preserves evidence.
- Pursues, apprehends, and arrests law violators and suspected law violators.
- Issues traffic warnings and citations.
- Controls crowds during special events, catastrophes, riots, and demonstrations.
- Provides armed escort for university monies.
Education and Experience
Must possess an Associate’s degree and meet Florida Statutory and Administrative Code requirements. Must meet the requirements of Chapter 943, Florida Statute. Previous law enforcement experience preferred.
Licensure and Certification
Must meet Florida statutory and Administrative Code requirements. Must meet the requirements of Chapter 943, Florida Statutes.
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.