Lead Licensed Practical Nurse
Coordinates the work of Licensed Practical Nurses and/or other non-professional health care workers.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Oversees patient care and medical procedures.
- Ensures quality and clinical safety procedures are followed for the location.
- Maintains patient flow, insuring that the physicians have adequate support.
- Provides nursing care and administers treatment as directed by a professional nurse to sub acute, chronic, and convalescent patients.
- Performs simple rehabilitative nursing procedures for selected chronically ill and aged patients.
Education and Experience
Licensed as a practical nurse in accordance with Chapter 464, Florida Statutes, and one year of relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
Licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in accordance with in accordance with Section 464, Florida Statutes, and one year of appropriate experience.
Serves as a team leader.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.