Licensing Associate I
This position provides support in the management of all aspects of the patent process, as well as compliance and agreements.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Conducts initial and ongoing communications with inventors of new technologies governing intellectual property rights.
- Investigate and monitor cases for impending statutory bars and deadlines.
- Maintain accurate files on U.S. and foreign patent applications.
- Draft communications related to patent prosecution.
- Develop, revise and implement Standard Operating Procedures as patent law changes and the university technology licensing environment evolves
- Responsible for communicating with the funding agency and/or industrial sponsor, of the receipt of new intellectual property.
- Participates in preparation of draft agreements ensuring that the Standard Agreement format is utilized.
- Coordinate material transfer and confidentiality agreements for the research community to ensure protection of the University’s intellectual property rights.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.