Medical Technologist Supervisor
Supervise Medical Technologists.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Insures compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Coordinates and administers proficiency testing.
- Insures quality control of laboratory procedures.
- Schedules maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Maintains inventory of laboratory chemicals.
- Reviews test results.
- Maintains policy and procedure manual.
Education and Experience
Licensed as a Clinical Laboratory Supervisor in one of the specialty areas to which the position is allocated and four years of appropriate experience.
Licensure and Certification
See “Education and Experience”
Supervises medical technologists.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.