Network Technician II
This position provides support and maintenance of moderately complex network systems.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Is responsible for installing and implementation of LAN’s Wireless Access, Cables, Wiring, Switches, and Hubs, etc.
- Plans and manages network projects (small to medium scale buildings)
- Configures layer 2 network electronics which includes switches and hubs.
- Is responsible for troubleshooting and resolving moderate complex network issues.
- Provides preventative actions recommendation for network issues.
- Serves as technical resource for customers.
- Provides guidance and training to Network Technicians I’s.
- May serve as team lead on projects.
Education and Experience
An associate’s degree and two years of appropriate experience or a high school diploma and four years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Data Networks
- Local Area Networks
- Network And Internet Security
- Networking/Communications Hardware
- Networking/Communications Software
- Voice Networks
- Web Development Tools
- Wide Area Networks
- Wireless Technologies
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.