Network Technician IV
This position serves in a supervisory role for external contractors responsible for Layer- 1 network infrastructure work.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Coordinates daily work assignments
- Inspects contractor’s work and ensures that contractors are in compliance with University and Industry standards.
- Reviews infrastructure architectural drawings new construction and renovation projects.
- Creates job specifications for layer -1 infrastructure projects.
- Serves as a Liaison to departments and contractors for layer -1 infrastructure projects.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree and four years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) may be required.
Position supervises external contractors.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.