Occupational Safety Technician
Assist with inspections, testing, hazard identification, and prevention in the area of industrial hygiene or safety.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Conducts inspections of asbestos abatement sites for compliance with regulations
- Assists with fit testing for respiratory protection devices
- Collects samples of hazardous materials for the purposes of determining environmental or safety compliance
- Operates equipment which could include, air sampling pumps, sound level monitoring, sampling devices, respiratory protection counters and other equipment related to health, safety and environment.
- Assists coordinators and associate directors in resolving specific industrial hygiene, environmental health, and safety problems.
Education and Experience
A.S. degree and one year of experience or high school graduate and three (3) years of relevant experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.