Pest Management Technician I
Inspect and treat University buildings and grounds for pest infestations requiring restricted use pesticides.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Inspects building interiors, exteriors, and adjacent grounds for insect or rodent infestations.
- Mixes restricted use pesticides.
- Operates and maintains a variety of equipment.
- Assists in fumigations to control pest infestations.
- Removes troublesome or dangerous vertebrates as part of a rabies control program.
- Prepares daily records on pesticide usage and pest infestation.
Education and Experience
High school diploma and one (1) year of appropriate experience. Appropriate vocational/ technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
Must meet the requirements of Chapters 482 and 487, Florida Statutes.
This position does not typically have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.