Pest Management Technician II
Supervises employees inspecting and treating University buildings and grounds for pest infestations requiring restricted use pesticides.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Supervises Pest Management Control Technicians in the inspection and treatment of University buildings and grounds.
- Oversees pest management supply and equipment inventory.
- Instructs and trains Pest Management Technicians in the mixing and use of restricted use pesticides.
- Oversees the maintenance a variety of equipment.
- Reviews activity and other reports.
Education and Experience
High school diploma and two (2) years of appropriate experience. Appropriate vocational/ technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
Must meet the requirements of Chapters 482 and 487, Florida Statutes.
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.