Physical Security Coordinator I
The Physical Security Coordinator I is responsible for oversight of the University of Florida’s Genetec Video Management Software (VMS) and Lenel Access Control System. This includes software configuration, database management and end user training. Oversees the central system configuration, performance, data structure and integrity. The Physical Security Coordinator I will develop plans and strategies to provide the most secure, functional, and accessible electronic security systems to end users. This position will demonstrate technical leadership, embrace collaborative solutions, and recommend prudent software and hardware upgrades to provide the required level of services. This position will also interact technically with network support staff, application vendors, security hardware technicians, and local administrators. The position is responsible for the setup of new, retrofitted and integrated electronic security systems as well as troubleshooting system issues.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- System/Server Administration: Provides Lenel and Genetec application maintenance. Responsible for changing application IP address references and reconfiguring controller with new IP address, creating and modifying local administrator accounts, registering and re-registering local administrator workstation IP addresses, assigning proximity credentials to cardholder records, install, configure, modify, maintain, and update Genetec video surveillance software. Work with local administrators to maintain and modify camera software as necessary. Test and resolve connectivity issues before downloading configuration to access controllers, and resolve reader/input board addressing issues with access control hardware.
- Customer Service: Facilitates a high-level of ongoing customer services including: maintaining current contact information and updating end-user contracts, maintaining the content and permissions on the Lenel SharePoint site, facilitating and maintaining alarm monitoring agreements and helping end-user groups with Multiple Occupant Agreements, issuing server maintenance and other notifications via the Lenel SharePoint site or email. Managing inbound and outbound communication to UF Security Lenel department: managing service tickets for UF Security Lenel department, managing business rules and workflows to help streamline UF Security Lenel department functions.
- Technical Support: The position provides end-user technical support including supporting local administrators with software programming and reporting issues, assigning and revoking, proximity fob access at user’s request, running reports on system activity for users, prioritizing and reporting on Lenel Software Support Requests and interfacing with Lenel customers to identify needs and wants in a timely manner.
- Training: Provide software training and support for the Lenel and Genetec software
- Equipment testing and installation: Monitor and test camera hardware; troubleshoot issues with cameras including uninstalling; bench testing, and reinstalling or replacing defective cameras as needed, assist with Lenel equipment testing, troubleshooting and installation as needed. Testing of system functionality of new access control hardware, in compliance with UF Standards and assist project managers commission new systems. Review issues with the vendors or internal staff for new installations and maintenance. This position provides support and troubleshoots issues for: video recorder software, IP camera communications, IP connectivity, local administrator terminal server connectivity, local controller connectivity issues, alternate reader issues (hand geometry and iris scanner technologies), application communication service issues, and local and global functionality.
- Inventory Management: The position also assists with inventory control for the access control department, coordinating with ITS and warehouse personnel on purchasing for head-end expenses, resale replacement parts and credentials (proximity cards and fobs); and coordinates the sale of inventory to customers.
- Documentation: The position is responsible for document maintenance including initial and recurring local administrator training: operational, emergency, recurring audit procedures, and programming naming conventions documentation. Assist with the creation and maintenance of Electronic Access Control Standards, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) Design and Construction Standards, Video Surveillance Standards, electronic access portion of Key & Lock Policy, video server hardware specifications, HID Corporate 1000 account and approved vendor list. Manage building list for outage notifications from Work Management and Lenel technician lists for Work Management.
Education and Experience
Six years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position may have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.