Police Communications Manager
This is work managing* the operations of a public safety communications center.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Formulates and implements communications procedures for departmental operating functions.
- Prepares, submits, and monitors annual budget.
- Develops operational procedures, and insures that needed personnel and equipment are obtained effectively.
- Conducts training programs to improve operating techniques.
- Updates emergency procedures and instructs personnel in compliance with FCC Rules and Regulations.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree or an associate’s degree and three years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
State certification on the NCIC/FCIC computer system
This position does have supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.