Policy & Planning Analyst I
Under close supervision and direction, collect and analyze institutional data and other information to constituents throughout the university, to support and enhance informed decision-making, problem solving, strategic planning, policy development, and institutional self-assessment. Perform basic applied research, and assist with analytical and statistical studies and/or institutional self-assessments.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Performs basic data reduction, statistical analysis of data, and interpretation of results.
- Assists in the preparation of institutional responses to internal and/or external queries such as faculty salary surveys, employment statistics, enrollment statistics and projections.
- Assists in the preparation of institutional responses to internal and/or external queries and requests for institutional data and statistics on a wide range of issues.
- Assists on a wide variety of survey research efforts for the unit; participates in survey construction, development of survey instruments, and design of survey protocols and procedures.
- Works with other institutional committees and staff to provide technical assistance, as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.