Policy & Planning Analyst III
Develops, analyzes, and communicates institutional data and other information to constituents throughout the University in support of strategic planning, policy development, and institutional self-assessment. Designs, executes, and evaluates analytical and statistical studies and/or institutional self-assessments. Designs and manages information systems and databases to support institutional research activities.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Serves as lead analyst on assigned projects.
- Manages and maintains multiple data sets.
- Performs data reduction, statistical analysis of data, and interpretation of results; prepares and presents formal research reports.
- Coordinates the preparation of institutional responses to internal and/or external queries such as faculty salary surveys, employment statistics, enrollment statistics and projections.
- Formulates and prepares institutional responses to internal and/or external queries and requests for institutional data and statistics on a wide range of issues.
- Acquires, manipulates, develops, and maintains longitudinal data sets, verifying accuracy and consistency over time, in the context of evolving requirements regarding reporting institutional facts.
- Conducts and/or assists on a wide variety of survey research efforts for the unit; participates in survey construction, development of survey instruments, and design of survey protocols and procedures.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of integrated institutional self-assessment programs, as appropriate to the objectives of the position; provides technical support, and facilitates the integration of processes and findings into institutional planning and decision-making.
- Designs, executes, analyzes, communicates, and consults on the results of ongoing and one-time analytical studies using appropriate inferential statistics.
- Works with other institutional committees and staff to coordinate work and provide technical assistance, as directed.
- May provide functional direction to other staff on assigned work.
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of appropriate.experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.