Registered Nurse II
Under general direction, provide patient care and coordination of services through assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic care.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Direct patients, families, visitors and staff members in emergencies and complex situations.
- Initiate and evaluate overall care plan; involve patients and their families in care planning; initiate consultations and/or referrals and discharge planning.
- Apply appropriate policies, procedures, protocols, and standards of practice in performing clinical duties and evaluate own practice in relation to these.
- Participate in the Quality Assurance program by identifying areas for investigation; assist in data collection, monitoring, and the development and implementation of corrective actions for the unit.
- Contribute to the establishment and implementation of goals for the unit through staff meetings and other activities.
- Collaborate with other team members to assure continuity of patient care and to meet patient care needs.
- Provide assistance and direction to new employees, supplemental, professional, agency, per diem and ancillary staff, and students following an established learning plan for a designated shift.
- May serve as the unit charge nurse for assigned shift.
- May act as a clinical resource to health care team members in identification and resolution of patient care problems to enhance effectiveness of the unit.
- May initiate nursing rounds; conduct formal or informal inservices; present components of organization-wide educational offerings.
- May develop clinical procedures based on changing technology, new research, and experience with patients in the specialty.
- May develop educational or clinical projects for specified patient groups.
- May initiate, collaborate, and/or assist in research projects to enhance the delivery of patient care.
- May function as a primary nurse in delivery of patient care.
Education and Experience
Graduate of a nationally accredited nursing program and one year of professional nursing experience.
Licensure and Certification
Licensed as a registered nurse in accordance with Chapter 464, Florida Statutes
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.