Research Administration Assistant
Provide support within a college/school/department/program for sponsored projects including proposal development assistance, award review, accounting, and contract and grant management.
Examples of Work
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Assists with the acquisition, management, and reporting for sponsor funded equipment and materials while maintaining records and titles.
- Assists in the administrative management of awards by approving and coordinating change orders, time extensions, budget reallocations, and monitoring reporting from inception to close-out on behalf of a school/department/program.
- Serve as liaison between faculty, staff, and sponsors to advise and/or assist with the preparation and submission of proposals, review documentation for compliance with University, legal, and cost accounting standards, and other guidelines.
- Processes contract and grant related documents such as subcontract invoices for payment to ensure the correct accounting and contractual elements are in place.
- May write, edit, and proofread text of contracts and grants including reorganizing content for better flow, rewording for clarity, and editing to comply with applicable guidelines.
- May perform other accounting duties, as needed.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma and four years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Licensure and Certification
This position does not typically include supervisory responsibility.
To see common career pathways for each position at the University of Florida please visit the Career Paths section of the UFHR website.